Type of initiating organisation
- Local government / municipality
Participatory approaches/ community involvement
- Dissemination of information and education
- Consultation (e.g. workshop, surveys)
Details on the roles of the organisations involved in the project
Project implemented in response to ...
The Parc Consortium is in charge of managing and preserving the park. The Consortium of the Serra de Collserola Natural Park is a public entity with an organizational and local nature whose purpose is the management and development of the Special Plan for the Ordering and Protection of the Natural Environment of the Parc de Collserola. It is made up of the Metropolitan Area of Barcelona, the Diputació de Barcelona and the nine municipalities with territory in the Park: El Papiol, Molins de Rei, Sant Feliu de Llobregat, Sant Just Desvern, Esplugues de Llobregat, Barcelona, Montcada i Reixac, Cerdanyola Del Vallès and Sant Cugat del Vallès. The two first administrations provide the annual budget that allows to develop the program of actions (1).
... an EU policy or strategy? Yes
Directive 92/43 / EEC of 21 May 1992 on the conservation of natural habitats and of wild fauna and flora provides for the creation of a European ecological network of special areas of conservation: the Natura 2000 network. In this sense, the Agreement of the Government of the Generalitat de Catalunya of September 5, 2006, which approves the proposal of places of community importance (SCI) includes the Serra de Collserola, which corresponds to the totality of the " Space included in the Plan of Areas of Natural Interest" (1).
... a national policy or strategy? Unknown
... a local policy or strategy? Yes
This territory has been managed since 1987, within the framework of a special Protection Plan and, as from 2010, it has been consolidated and consolidated its environmental dimension with the declaration of the Natural Park.
The legal framework of the park includes:
- the Special Plan for the Protection and Environment of the Parc de Collserola (PEPCo) - 1987;
- The Plan of Spaces of Natural Interest (PEIN), approved by Decree 328/1992, of December 14, of the Generalitat de Catalunya, develops the prevision of chapter III of the Law 12/1985, of June 13, of 'Natural spaces'
- With the declaration, in 2010, of the Natural Park (decree 146/2010 of October 19), it is necessary to draft a new Special Plan, which replaces the still existing Special Plan for the Regulation and Protection of the Collserola Park Natural Environment (PEPCo ) in 1987 (1).